How to refer a friend or family member:
- Tell a friend or family member about opportunities at DASCH and encourage them to apply!
- Complete the Employee Referral Form and submit to the Human Resources Department.
What to expect after making a referral (see chart below):
- Within 3 business days of submitting a referral, the Referrer will receive an email indicating that we have received the referral and will consider the candidate.
- If the referred employee is still employed after 90 days, the Referrer will receive a $100 bonus subject to normal tax withholding.
Required Qualifications to work for DASCH:
Employees should only refer a candidate if they meet the following qualifications:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Full Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and First Aid/CPR training is an asset.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and experience working in the field.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to obtain Satisfactory Criminal record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and Clear Adult & Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Referral Bonus Eligibility Criteria:
Any hiring decisions must be consistent with the Code of Business Practice. No referral bonus is paid for the referral of candidates who are:
- Retirees of DASCH
- Persons returning from a leave of absence
- Candidates who have been presented to the Company by a recruiting firm or other agency; or candidates who have presented their candidacy to the Company on their own within the last 12 months.
To avoid possible conflicts of interest, a referral bonus is not paid for candidates referred by any employee in a senior management level position or higher or any member of the Human Resources Department. DASCH reserves the right to deny bonus payments to any employee who improperly makes promises or assurances of employment to prospective candidates, or otherwise engages in improper or inappropriate conduct related to this program.
The Human Resources Department ensures that all open positions for which employees can refer qualified candidates are posted in accordance with the Job Posting System. The Human Resources Department is responsible for administering the employee referral program, including processing all referral forms and bonus applications and resolving any disputes.