Michael Bergman is a beloved member of the DASCH community and the 2020 recipient of the DASCH Merit Award.
Michael was supposed to receive this award at the Possibilities Gala originally scheduled for Thursday, September 17. Due to Covid-19, the Possibilities Gala has been postponed to April 23, 2021- but that isn’t stopping us from celebrating Michael and his accomplishments now!
You can help celebrate him and support DASCH in four easy ways:
- Send a message of congratulations to Michael to email@example.com or on social media using the hashtag #ADayforDASCH
- Make a gift in Michael’s honour to the DASCH Foundation
- Pay it Forward with SALS by purchasing a meal or gift card in support of DASCH
- Reserve your seat at the 2021 Possibilities Gala on April 23!
- …Or, hold a fundraiser in support of DASCH on your own!
Michael has been with DASCH for over 10 years and has faced stigma throughout his life as a person living with an intellectual disability, and a member of the LGBTQS2+ community. Michael is also an artist who works at DASCH’s social enterprise, the Scrap Came Back.
Despite the many challenges he has faced, Michael is very proud of his accomplishments and we are proud of him too!
Thank you for helping us celebrate Michael and support the vital work of DASCH Inc.